We very much look forward to welcoming you all again here at The Chequers. We would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure safety of our staff and you, our customers. Various health and safety measures have been implemented in line with Governments guidelines and on top of our already high standards.
UPDATE Oct 2020: With Essex county on high Covid alert, following restrictions apply: mixing of household inside is not allowed. Terrace tables are available for multiple households. Rule of six applies to outdoor spaces as well as social distancing rules and curfew at 10pm.
PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP ALL OUR STAFF AND CUSTOMERS SAFE BY FOLLOWING SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE. THANK YOU
We would like to keep your dining experience as relaxing as possible however we have had to make some changes to how we provide our service.
- As per Government’s guidelines, wearing face covering is compulsory at all times in the restaurant except for sitting down to eat or drink. For customers exempt from wearing face covering, please have your badge ready upon arrival.
- The Chequers is required to close at 10pm every night. With this in mind, we will issue customer bills at 9.30pm. All customers will be asked to leave, no later then 10pm.
- All customers will be encouraged to use contactless payments where possible to prevent handling of cash.
- There is queuing system outside, please wait there until invited in by a member of our team.
- To comply with the new Law, we are not able to reserve larger tables or book multiple tables for the same group of people. Thank you for your understanding.
- Maximum amount of people per table is 6 including any children or babies.
- Please reserve your table in advance. For track and trace purposes we need to collect your contact information.
- You may be asked to fill in one of our Track and Trace forms alternatively if you use NHS Covid-19 app, you can scan QR code available at entrance to check-in.
- Walk-ins are welcome however tables are subject to an availability. We will also require your contact information upon entry.
- The main Bar remains closed for food and drinks service (table service only).
- The Restaurant layout has been adapted to ensure social distancing throughout.
- We kindly ask you not to move any tables or benches.
- Children must remain seated both inside and outside.
- All our menus are single use.
- All tables left vacant for cleaning and sanitising between uses.
- Restaurant thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day.
- Multiple sanitising stations are available to customers
- Please, be patient – service may take little longer.